Every family is entitled to afford a Jewish education for its children.
Since our founding almost 70 years ago, Providence Hebrew Day School has never, ever, turned away a child for ﬁnancial reasons. We remain ﬁrmly committed to the principle that each Jewish child, regardless of its family's ﬁnances, is entitled to an excellent Jewish education. We've never discriminated against lower-income families and never intend to.
Many of our students receive some form of ﬁnancial aid through our Scholarship Fund. In addition, through the Rhode Island Scholarship Granting Organization, qualifying families receive scholarships for Kindergarten through 12th Grade at PHDS and Jewish Community Day School.
To cary out our commitment to admitting Jewish students regardless of ﬁnancial ability, we process scholarship applications through FACTS Tuition Management Systems, a professional company that reviews applicants' detailed ﬁnancial records and recommends a tuition fee based on them. Our scholarship committee then makes the ﬁnal ﬁnancial aid decision and issues a school contract. To assure maximum conﬁdentiality, this committee is chaired by a person from outside the Orthodox community. Parents may appeal its
decision if they feel relevant ﬁnancial information has been overlooked.
FACTS then collects all tuition and fees for the upcoming school year, subject to these mandatory guidelines:
- The school does not accept any postdated checks or credit card payments for tuition. You must either choose to pay your account in full by August 1 or establish a FACTS account. FACTS handles all payments using a direct debit method. The company is fully bonded and insured and does not have any access to your checking or savings accounts other than to autodeduct your monthly tuition payment. The application form from FACTS describes the process in greater detail.
- There is a $25 fee to apply for ﬁnancial aid and a $38 fee for establishing your Facts payment account.
- You may track your account online 24 hours a day.
- You may choose either the 5th of the month or the 20th of the month as the date when your payment is drawn from your checking account. All payments must be completed by June 5, 2016.
- You may choose to make your monthly payment by credit card, but you will be charged a 2.5% convenience fee.
- Parents have the following options for paying their tuition fees for the upcoming school year:
- Full balance of tuition payment before August 1.
- Have the school use last year's ﬁnancial data from and auto enroll for the coming school year with FACTS.
- Sign up online for FACTS using PHDS/NEAT’s Institution ID of 08863, and PIN number of 02906. FACTS will then deduct the tuition fee from my checking account over the following 10 months.
If you have any questions in regard to ﬁnancial aid or tuition, please contact Rabbi Peretz Scheinerman at 401-331-5327 #21 or by email.