Providence Hebrew Day School, 450 Elmgrove Ave. Providence, RI 401-331-5327
“A child’s earliest experience within a school setting can set the tone for years to come.”
We at Providence Hebrew Day School, recognize the truth of this statement, and as such, we strive to provide the warmest, most nurturing, and loving environment possible. We focus on the children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development, while recognizing that each child has his or her own unique qualities and abilities, and should be educated accordingly. We encourage children to learn through their own experiences, using developmentally appropriate activities to enhance skills.
We emphasize language skills in both English and Hebrew, and beginning in our earliest grades, the children learn about and celebrate Shabbos, holidays, customs, our American heritage, Mitzvos and good Midos (charachter traits). By the time they graduate from the Early Childhood Department, our students have developed a positive self-esteem, a Iove of learning, and an appreciation for the beauty of our Jewish heritage and the Torah way of life.
Teaching young children is a tremendous responsibility, but it is one that we embrace and appreciate every day:
- Rooms are large and well-decorated, with plenty of space for creative learning centers.
- There is a low student-teacher ratio.
- Enrichment and remediation is provided as needed.
- Our creative teachers hold degrees in Education and pursue ongoing professional growth.
- Reflecting the quality of the work environment, changes in staff are minimal.
- Bathrooms facilities are provided in each classroom.