Excellent teachers make a big difference
After parents, nobody inﬂuences how your children grow up than teachers who can nurture their self-esteem, foster their intellectual curiosity, and inspire a lifelong love of learning.
Giving your children a meaningful education is a tremendous responsibility, and at PHDS, we take the commandment to “teach them diligently to your children” (Deuteronomy 6:7) very, very seriously.
Part – but only – part of this commitment is maintaining small class size. With eight to 15 students per class, PHDS classes average about half the size of those in public schools. Smaller classes let our reachers treat each child as a unique individual, to recognize and strive to meet each child's individual needs, and to help each child reach his or her highest potential.
The other, and even more important part, is our teachers themselves:
- Over 80% of our faculty has more than 10 years of teaching experience.
- Many of our faculty members have earned Masters or other postgraduate degrees.
- All General Studies teachers have earned university degrees.
- All Judaic Studies teachers have earned university degrees or degrees from prestigious teacher- and rabbinic-training institutions throughout the United States and Israel.
- PHDS places signiﬁcant emphasis on curriculum development. We've engaged the servces of English and math curriculum development and implementation consultants.
- We also emphasize professional development. Faculty members attend national and local educational conferences and conventions, and take advantage of professional growth opportunities.
- All PHDS faculty members are fully accessible to parents throughout the school year. As one parent noted,"The teachers are amazing in how they are willing to give up their time and breaks to talk to us about anything."